Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What Day Is It?

I asked my DH this question today. I've been working seven day weeks lately and just dealing with a lot of issues lately. One being a sick dog. My 4yr yellow lab has been sick for over 10 days now. They've run him thru a battery of tests only to come up empty-handed. Last night we brought him back to the animal hospital to be re-admitted. They did another x-ray and thought there might be an obstruction. When another doctor looked over the films this morning she pointed out the shape of a baby bottle nipple. It was shear luck they found it because rubber is invisible on x-rays and ultrasounds.
Turns out he ate my grand daughters pacifier. Damn dog will eat anything that isn't glued down. He had surgery this morning and is recovering nicely. Me, I'm feeling relieved they found the cause. The bill on the other hand is enough to make one double over in pain! Needless to say my three furry friends will be getting pet insurance once this is all said and done. His two brothers are missing him something terrible.

In writing news I'm about 1k away from the end of my current wip Research Required. I'm looking forward to putting this story behind me. I feel like I worked on it all summer. Much too long for me. I have partial outlines of four other stories I want to get to work on. We'll see which character pesters me the most.

I may do more excerpts this week or next. I've seen a nice jump in my numbers on my blogs. Maybe I'll see a spike in sales too. One can dream right!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Your dog will be okay! The secret pacifier illness. Give your dog a treat for me when he's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor pup. Glad he's all right.

    I have a similarly dragging story. Mine has about 3k left to it, but I have time to finish it whereas I don't have extra time to finish the one releasing in December. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. I'm glad they found the pacifier. Poor pup! Congrats on approaching "the end". It's a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay on nearly completing the wip! Hug your dog for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to hear they found what is wrong with your puppy dog. See me grin in delight.
    And as for that WIP that is 1K from done---
    ME,too!!!!!!
    Today, I promise myself bec. I have a family wedding staring me in the face and I gotta get my act together pronto! Love the story, knew the ending/resolution from git-go, but hey, life, dinner, intervene!!!!!

    ReplyDelete