Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Connor

It’s hard to imagine an entire year has passed since I gave birth to our son. In retrospect I can’t really recall most of that day. One minute I was eating a Big Mac the next I was in the hospital with all sorts of wires attached to me and people telling me I had to deliver or risk losing my son. In all reality they didn’t expect him to survive birth. But he did. He lived for 6 precious days.

I couldn’t have gotten through those days without my family and friends and that includes my online friends. One in particular was my lifeline. She spread the word of what happened and continually kept others posted for me. She sent me words of encouragement when I didn’t think I could go on. I’m not sure if I ever thanked her and when I met her at RomantiCon it wasn’t the time or place, but I want her to know I’ll never forget the kindness she showed me during one of the most difficult times in my life. So thanks Regina Carlysle. You’re truly one of a kind.

Also a big thank you to Mia Watts who wanted to call me at 2am just to be a shoulder to cry on. I couldn’t talk to her at that time because the DH had finally fallen asleep on the couch next to me and I feared waking him. I’ll always remember your kindness too.

Today will be a somber day in our household as we all grieve the loss of a child, brother, grandchild, but knowing I have the support of family and friends will get me through this day.

Happy Birthday, Connor. I wish you were here to celebrate with us.

7 comments:

  1. Hugs. You are blessed to have wonderful, supporting friends that you leaned on during this time. Good friends are always there for support, no matter what you need. (Even new friends ;0) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, my thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connor is a precious memory who will never be forgotten
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweetie. I didn't see this post until now. I know that little crack in your heart from his loss will always be with you and I simply can't imagine the pain you have endured. Like you, I wanted to say SOMETHING at Romanticon when we finally met in person. Having met your sweet husband I know you have such a strong support system. Just know you are loved and a helping hand or simply a shoulder to cry on is there when needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reggie just linked me to your post. I'm still here for a call at 2am or any other time.

    Rest, baby Connor. Your momma loves you and we'll make sure she gets through until you're reunited.

    Love and hugs to you, Amber.

    ReplyDelete