Share It

Friday, October 14, 2011

AMP Troubles Grow Deeper

As an author of AMP (something I'm trying to change) this blog really opened my eyes to the deceptiveness of the owner. I can't believe someone can be so evil and obviously naive to the law. My former editor and friend, who I love dearly has broken her silence. If you are an author or thought you wanted to be one at Aspen Mountain Press, please read this blog. Very eye-opening.

http://kaantira.blogspot.com/2011/10/breaking-my-silence-on-aspen-mountain.html

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like quite the mess. I'm so sorry you had to be involved in any of that.

    I didn't make it through the whole post, but what I read was shocking enough. Do you think you'll submit to the new Musa Publishing house??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's totally crazy! I hope that you get your royalties and rights back to all of your books. There is no excuse for the type of fraud the owner is doing, certainly not depression. I guess their rejection of Fated Mates within a hour of submission was a good thing after all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just terrible. I feel for you Amber. And I see Linda suggested maybe submit to Muse. I know the publisher and I believe this is a fantastic up and coming epub. Still I can understand your reluctance to submit to any epub right now. Just know your author friends are with you on this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda - I'd definitely submit to Musa. I love Celina. She's a great editor. I also know another one of the owners who I feel is fantastic.

    Marie - Had they accepted Fated Mates and you were in this position I'd feel horrible. They did you a favor.

    Kaye - Thanks! It's nice to know the writer's community rallies around their own. :)

    Hugs to all

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I just read your editor's post. To clarify, MuseItHotPublishing is a different publisher than Musa. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

    ReplyDelete