Friday, April 20, 2012

Small World


Let me start off by saying I’m not happy with the new blogger. Maybe it will take some time to get used to or maybe I go back to Wordpress. We’ll see.
Now that I got that off my chest I’ve been thinking a lot about how it’s a small world. When I moved to RI some eight years ago I joined a writer’s group. After I went home I received an email from Blanche Marriott asking if I owned a magazine called Romancing the Skyze at one time. If fact I did. I was proud of my baby and enjoyed publishing works of authors such as Blanche and Cathy McDavid. Now Blanche is a wonderful friend.
http://www.amazon.com/Born-to-Bitch-ebook/dp/B006K7Y1H0/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1334928507&sr=1-3


Illness forced me to fold shop, but I haven’t lost the desire to do something along the same lines. Maybe something bigger – like a publishing house some day? It’s not out of the question.
 Staying with the small world theme I received a phone call from a good friend back in NY. She wanted to recommend a book to me. She’d met the author and thought I’d be interested. The book was a true account of paranormal. I believe in ghosts, having had many experiences in my life.
Anyway, she starts telling me about the book and how it took place in Watervliet. I grew up in the same city. So she’s giving me more details and says do you know where the Rite Aid is just over the 19th street Bridge? I say yup…she said well the book takes place right there. There used to be a bunch of houses before the tore them down and built the Rite Aid.
Of course I know this because I grew up right there. Literally. So I had to order the book called 207 and I got my mom a copy too. The woman who wrote it seems to believe a church down the road plays a part in the events that played out in her home. I must say I know the church and even though when we moved to our house back 26+ years ago, it was closed down at the time. It always gave me the creeps. Always.
Here’s the thing…our old house is haunted. My dad still lives there and his significant other has encounters all the time. Our ghost wasn’t harmful like the author of 207 experiences. Ours is more playful. It would turn on the water, open and close doors and hide things. Most of the time it was geared toward my mom. The ghost liked to wake me in the middle of the night.

http://www.amazon.com/207-Personal-Paranormal-Phenomenon-Possession/dp/146355043X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1334928608&sr=1-1

I’m looking forward to finishing this book and then I’ll email the author because I just feel the need to knowing we lived a stone throw away. :o) so there you have it. My small world updates for today! LOL

5 comments:

  1. WOW!, what a small world indeed. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it. Must be a lot of paranormal activity in that neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it is a small world. The book sounds interesting and gives me the creepy crawlies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's giving me nightmares, Savannah! :)

    From what I'm hearing, even the Rite Aid that currently stands where the house used to is having paranormal activity, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's crazy, someday I'll tell you my story. I hate the new blogger. I can't figure it out. Don't know how to get around in it. I'm missing all sorts of posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have archive issues of Romancing the Skyze? I'm looking for a short story that was published in September 2001.

    Hallee (Poe) Bridgeman

    ReplyDelete