Monday, July 13, 2009

A Break in the Weather - Finally


I had a great weekend, even though I had to work. The sun was shining. The temps were in the 80’s. Couldn’t ask for a better weekend. the DH and I were able to get the rest of the crap out of the pool and it’s finally ready to swim in. we did work around the yard, because I couldn’t venture too far away from home in case I got a call for support.
Even the dogs had fun playing catch while mom was out in the yard.
I even squeezed in some reading time. I knocked one book off my e-TBR pile. I read Bad Boys, Bad Boys, by Mia Watts. If you like M/M, then I say you have to read this book! It was fabulous. From my TBR paperback pile, I grabbed Annette Blair’s cozy mystery A Veiled Deception. This is my first foray into cozy mystery and I must say I love it. And I’m not just saying that because she’s a dear friend of mine. It felt so good to read again.
On Sunday I took B out to buy a crib mattress for the baby, because she’s grown too big for a basinet. Of course I had to buy all sorts of rattles and teething toys because baby T can now hold things in her hands. In fact she’s so fascinated with her hands. She puts them in front of her eyes and stares, sucks on them…they’re her new friends. :-)
Today I’m back to edits on Talk Dirty to Topaz. I think I’ve finally found a solution to a plot problem I was having. What a relief. I did get to have some fun filling out the cover art request. I always love doing this and I’m always surprised by what the cover gods come back with. I can’t wait for this one. I’ll be sharing once it arrives. Only 26 more days until it releases!
The weather is still beautiful today, so once I’m done with my to-do list I’ll be heading out to the pool for a little leisure time. Then the DH and I are going to drive down to the ocean for some clam cakes and chowder for dinner. And let’s not forget a romantic walk along the beach. I love the summer!

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOOOOuuuie! Do I love the cover of ONE TASTY NIGHT! sounds like a delicious romp!
    Good luck with this one, Amber!
    Ciao!
    Cerise DeLand

    ReplyDelete