Monday, August 16, 2010

Playing Catch-Up

The last three days have been crazy. My grandson was born on Friday the 13th and while my daughter was in the hospital I got to take care of my 16 month old granddaughter. Talk about exhausting. I forgot how active toddlers are, especially ones who are experiencing MANY changes in their lives. And I realized how out of shape I really am. I hear the treadmill calling me again.
To top things off on Friday the 13th one of my dogs ate a prescription I’d just filled an hour earlier. 90 pills. So in the craziness of it all I had to induce vomiting. Luckily this dog has a cast iron stomach and eventually got rid of the pills. I thought for sure I killed him.
Today I’m taking a mental health day. I’m on the couch with my laptop and blankie. It’s damp and rainy here today. I have a ton of emails to catch up on and a synopsis to write still!!! Its coming Kat I promise. LOL
I’m really behind on my deadlines for the two books I need to finish before the month is out. Hopefully I’ll get some writing done today, but aside from that synopsis it’s not looking promising.In other news: NOR reviewed Ignited and it was a good one! Check it out here: http://www.nightowlreviews.com/nor/Pages/Promotions.aspx

Happy Monday Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Wow and congratulations on the new grandbaby! Sorry about the dog, happy about everything else. I'm glad the dog will be okay - you sort of get everything at once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Grandma:) Hope he's doing well and as for the doggy escapade...sounds like something my elkhound would have done! He ate anything which hit the ground or was in reach:) One Christmas he nudged a platter of chocolate cookies to the floor and devoured them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, when it rains it pours, but luckily, the dog is fine, and so are you; rest and recoup, then back to business, right; PS - bet the baby is an angel - congrats and Blessings once again.

    ReplyDelete