Monday, October 25, 2010

It's All Unofficial ;)

Today is an unofficial anniversary for me and the DH. I say unofficial because he decided we weren’t going to celebrate it after we got married. LOL It’s still special to me because it was when we first started dating. So I’ll give him a card or something cute.
This week will be busy. I received edits for Naughty St. Nick, received a revision letter from one of my publishers for a story I subbed and finishing up another story before Nano. I’m doing an unofficial version – I know there’s that word again. Unofficial, unofficial, unofficial. Okay that’s it for that word today.
Two friends and I do Nano every year. I normally reach the goal, but I’ve yet to submit the finished manuscript. Why bother you’re asking. This year I’m determined to submit the one I’m writing. I’m using this story for the agent appointment I’m doing at the NEC Conference in April. Maybe it will be sold before then, maybe not.
We had a fun weekend, but it flew by too quickly. I worked until Friday night until something like 2am. Sunday we spent the day with the granddaughter. She’s growing so fast. She’s a smart little bugger. She knows how to worm her way with Grandma and Grandpa. More grandpa, who she has wrapped around her little bitty finger. :o)
Anyway off to get some of this work done.
Happy Anniversary Honey!
Happy Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Unofficial Anniversay! I find them just as important as the official one. The unofficial is the celebration of the newness and excitement of a relationship that you only have in the very beginning. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I celebrate the unofficial one too:) Something extra-special, since it falls in the 'post-holiday' time frame. So Happy Unofficial Anniversary:)

    My daughter spent the weekend with her grandparents, and at 16, she still has Grandpa wrapped around her finger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Unofficial Anniversary. You reminded me the day I first met my hubby is coming up next month. Nov 28th. Good luck with Nano.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy unnoversary! Hubby and I have Sept. 29 as our unofficial anniversary - the day we got back together after no contact for six years.
    Wow, Amber, I'm in awe, as always - you get so much written! I don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy (unofficial) anniversary! I've done (and finished!) NaNo for the past three years, and interestingly, not one of those 50K stories has been published yet. 2007's is an award winner, yet still it sits on the computer collecting dust. 2008's is a sequel to 2007's, and last year's is mostly crap, unfortunately. This year, I'm determined to write something that I will submit in December!

    ReplyDelete