Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Off Kilter

My daughter and her family arrived in GA safely.
My son came home last night. It seems things just aren't working out with the gf. So I had to give up my writing space so he could sleep in his old room. I felt a little dejected this morning as I stood in the kitchen wondering where I'd write. Mind you it was four in the morning. As I looked at the kitchen table I knew I couldn't spend two hours sitting in a hard chair. I decided on the sunroom. I fired up the heaters, grabbed a cup of coffee and climbed into a recliner.
The words didn't flow as easily as they normally do. I was distracted by the outside noises. Finally I was able to block them out and found a rhythm. Alas, I reached my word count and then some.
In the process I had to write a blog for tomorrow because I'm headed out of town.
Today's the day we find out what we're having. Part of me doesn't want to know, but the realistic part of me knows I have to. You just can't buy neutral things like you could twenty years ago. Everything is either pink or blue.

Nano Total for today - 3171

Stop back later when I fill in the blank. It's a........

1 comment:

  1. (POUT) You're cheating??? Haven't you heard of a baby shower???

    Just kidding...sometimes it's a necessity. But there are so few surprises anymore....

    CONGRATS on the word count!!!

    ReplyDelete