Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sad

I should be at the NEC RWA conference today…actually I should’ve been there yesterday. Only I’ve been down with another stomach bug which landed me in the hospital yet again. I swear the weather needs to improve and get rid of all the sickness. After spending a day in the hospital they sent me home with strict instructions for bed rest, along with more anti-nausea meds. I was told to drink plenty of fluids and believe me the DH is making sure I’m doing that. If I drown you’ll know why! Lol
So instead of mingling with some amazing authors, going to my agent appointment and joining in on the book signing I’ll be sitting home dreaming of next year. Not to mention that I missed out spending a night at the haunted Hawthorne Hotel.
The nice women on the committee said they'd still put my books out and make arrangements with the bookstore if someone wanted an autographed copy.
Reading and edits for Sex on the Beach are on the agenda for today – oh and I’m sure lots of water.
Wishing all my friends at NEC a fun filled date.

3 comments:

  1. I am sure that you will be missed there but you need to get yourself better. I think I need to go and sterilized your house. Those germs seem to be sticking around. Of course, small children ARE germ factories! Is there any way that you can have a phone conference with the agent? The conference will be there next year! Drink, drink, drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry we missed you at the NEC conference! Please feel better! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry. Feel better. You really need to take care of yourself.
    I know the ladies missed you but you will have so many more opportunities! Hang in there, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete