Friday, August 17, 2012

Stressed and Overwhelmed


Just a little update from Amber, who has been in hiding. In preparation of edits for Claimed by Dragons I was attempting to get a book finished. I knew I’d be getting edits for Protecting Grant, behind Dragons. If I hadn’t mentioned this before I received a contract from Loose Id for a new M/M coming out sometime in November. Loose Id had a theme call out and I answered, thus leading to the contract. Turns out Protecting Grant won’t be released as part of the theme series. Not a big deal though. It gives me more flexibility. Oh, and Katalina is doing the edits for Dragons! I love her.
In the meantime I’m plugging away at my wip and Loose Id did it again. They put out another call. This was a holiday themed call out. Not just any holiday. It’s actually two holidays in one. I thought how much fun. I wrote a proposal and sent it off to my editor. I’ll be honest I wasn’t expecting a contract. Guess what? Yup, my editor loved my idea and sent a contract. Now I’m under tight deadline to write the book. I’m about 11k into the book, not bad considering I’ve only been writing it for a week. Looks like the second half of this year I’ll see three books released.
In September I’ll be getting out the last two of my former Aspen books and a few under my real name. To say I’ve been busy is an understatement. Oh and add in that I’m now doing three people’s jobs at my day job. My poor hubby is looking forward to our vacation next week.
Which leads me to my hiatus. The hubby, Lexi and I are off to Florida next Tuesday. The baby will be staying with the in-laws and our other daughter will be staying at our house to house sit and take care of the dogs. It’s only a 4 night stay, but I need the break. I can’t wait to enjoy Universal and Busch Gardens. Lexi is really looking forward to the trip. Her two friends had to back out of the trip. It’s sad because now she’ll have no one her age to hang with.

Here a link to a nice review of I Wanna Sext U Up - http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/2012/08/i-wanna-sext-u-up-by-amber-skyze.html?zx=3f3b9dad4f918dd2

That’s it! I’ll likely not be posting until September unless I find time. I will have guests during my absence so please drop by and say hello.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. What a whole lot of good news. I suspect you'll be MIA for a while! Or not? Congrats, Amber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I'm exhausted just from reading this blog.
    I am so staying on my side of the fence--no way could I do your job. : )
    XXOO Kat
    PS You're doing great, I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! I'm exhausted just listening to your busyness. Congrats on all the contracts!,,

    ReplyDelete