Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Welcome Kiki Howell





TVW_KH_F43.jpg














The Vampire’s Witch, Book 1 of At War in the Willows trilogy
FREE FOR THREE AT ARe

Synopsis:

The Willows is a resort town run by vampires, werewolves and witches. Here, their true identities are kept secret from humans, and intimate relations between the individual clans are strictly forbidden.

When it becomes known that the vampire Amberlyn has fallen in love with the werewolf Kane, the tedious line of their co-existence has been crossed. Caught in the crossfire of this revelation, Drake, the vampire clan leader and Amberlyn’s maker, is killed along with an innocent witch. These deaths spark a series of horrific events leading to an all out War In The Willows.

In Book 1, The Vampire’s Witch…Amberlyn’s vampire brother, Isaac, always one to kick ass first and deal with the consequences later, kidnaps a witch, Winter. He intends to find out what type of retaliation the witch clan is planning against the vampires and werewolves. In doing so, he finds so much more then he bargained for.

By Book 2, The Vampire’s Wolf…Isaac and Winter devise a plan to try to get the Elders of the clans talking peacefully. But, things don’t go as they’d hoped, and the fighting between the clans becomes more devious – deadly. Now, Devin, another vampire of Drake’s making, steps in to help pick up some of the pieces.

When Book 3, The Vampire’s Human begins, it is Devin who hides the biggest secret; he’s in love with a local human. In a moment of desperation – of love – Devin sweeps this human, Sara, away to his home in order to keep her out of harm’s way.

Unexpected close encounters, bodies ripe with need, and situations beyond their control lead to forbidden relationships. Now three vampires, a witch, a werewolf and a human must ride along the edges of the rules. They will attempt once unthinkable romantic entanglements despite all those who oppose their relationships, while fighting for their lives as well.

With the Willows full of violence and bloodshed, meetings and magic amiss, will the clans ever be able to find peace among them again? Or, will this war destroy the Willows?

***

The Vampire’s Witch by Kiki Howell

Excerpt:

One draw of blood into his mouth, and her hips violently trembled. She cried out, but rather than sensing her pleasure, he felt she was casting a spell on him. Her magic poured over him, through him like blood through his veins. He felt her climax as it traveled deep into his groin, filling the area with pleasure. His cock was rock hard, waves of contractions flowed through him. Thoughts, not his, entered his head, my Goddess, Isaac Roberts, just made me come! Fuck me Isaac.
He pulled back. Staring at her, he only realized he’d left the wound marks open on her thigh when blood dripped onto his leg. He licked over tiny holes to seal her flesh, to let it start to heal, before turning back to confront her.
“You did that on purpose. You pushed thoughts into my head.”
“Yes. Mind games. I’m a witch. I’m brilliant at them.”
“But, so easily. Can you hear my thoughts?”
“If I wanted to, I could control them. You vamps don’t fear us for nothing. But, I wouldn’t do that to you. I think you know that. I think you can feel enough of me, of my magic, to know I’m not a threat to you.”
Isaac nodded, looking at her body, her skin glowing in the light of the few lamps that were still on. He realized he’d slept with the light on last night; his face exposed no less. As well, he’d slept like the dead with a stranger in his bed, unprotected. However, the realization brought him pure power rather than vulnerability. Usually, he cared little for life, but right now, he wanted to live it. Question was, could he live with that kind of change?
Like a lion over its prey, he came over her, his body feeling heavy as it met her softness from head to toe. He kissed her gently – for the first time – taking his time to savor the feel of her lips on his, her tongue rubbing along his fangs.
“I taste not only my own arousal, but my own blood.”
“Damn, that was one sexy sentence.” He smiled down at her. And, damn but he could get used to this. A connection, love at first sight, mortal enemies, he just could no longer deny or resist any of it no matter how dangerous or stupid it was.
Moving his hips, he nestled his between hers. The hard, tight, head of his cock met her warm, wet, softness.
“Am I too cold?” he whispered, as he felt her shudder again.
“No, not too cold.”
When she smiled, his heart – the one that no longer beat, but lay dead in his chest – felt like it came alive for one moment. He reached for the blanket on the bed and pulled it over them, hoping to keep some of her body heat in it. He felt deliciously warm. She made him feel so alive, like a true man again. He couldn’t control her thoughts and didn’t know how to send his own to her, as she’d just done to him, so he spoke instead. His fear of rejection outweighed by his pleasure.
“You make me feel so alive again, I swear my heart beat. I feel your warmth, not only in your blood running through me, but every place we touch. For so long, I’ve hardened myself from the world, taking some physical pleasures, but denying any existence of humanity inside myself. That is, until last night when I held you in my arms, carried you across town. You saved me, ten years ago and now. I didn’t know it until just this moment.”
“You’ve saved me too.”
“From what?”
“My solitary existence, even if for just one night if that is all this can be.”
He swept his lips over hers, their smiles coinciding with each other. He entered her then, pushing his length inside her body, feeling her inner walls adjust around him. She practically purred. Their initial slow rhythm became frenzied quickly. Her inner walls gripped him as he moved in and out of her. Her fingers dug into his back. He felt her power swirl around them again, and her voice came across clear in his mind.
Bite me, Isaac. It’s all right. I know you want to.
He did. His fangs piercing her neck sent him over the edge. As her blood flowed into his mouth again, his seed shot into her – void of life, but strong. She quivered around him, tightened and loosened, milking him of every last drop of his come as she came herself.
After healing her wounds with his tongue, he bunched the blanket more in between their chests to protect her from his chill. He moaned when he slipped from inside her. He knew though, that the lost connection would have been worse, if some part of her didn’t still envelope him with her energy.
“Better than I ever dreamed it could be,” she said as she looked up into his eyes. He knew they were still dark, but she didn’t look away. “I could probably heal your face now, with a spell, a few herbs. Not that I care what you look like, you’re beautiful. But, I feel guilty, like I might have done this to you.” Tears slipped from her eyes, tiny knives into his heart, which was just now coming alive.
“No. Don’t feel like that. You’ve already healed something in me that I didn’t care until now was even broken.”
A sound in the distance, the feeling of his family drawing near, had him moving her with lightening speed into the closet; the only hiding space in the whole damn place save for the bathroom.
“There is a door behind this wall. Get in there so they don’t feel you. I’m sorry.”
He left her there, saying something like a prayer to god only knew who, that she would be safe – remain hidden. Although, he knew already, he would protect her to his death. A vampire and a witch? No different than my sister with a werewolf? This was his last thought as the main door opened, and he shoved her nightgown and what was left of her panties under the sheet on the bed.

About Kiki Howell
Ever since she was young, Kiki Howell has loved to listen to a well-woven tale with real characters, inspired plots, and delightful resolutions. Kiki spend hours lost in books and soon knew creating lives, loves, and losses with just words had to be the greatest thing she could do. She’s now had over thirty stories published and couldn’t be more thrilled or grateful to see her creations polished and out in the real world.

Links to Kiki Howell

Purchase books by Kiki Howell at the follow ebook stores

No comments:

Post a Comment