Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chillin'

I know I was supposed to announce my winner yesterday, but I was chillin’. The DH and I took an overdue weekend away. We stayed in NH and traveled into ME. What a wonderful time. The weather was in the 50s. The people of Maine must have thought it was a heat wave. They were out in their shorts and t-shirts. We witnessed people playing tennis and the parks were filled with children. It was refreshing. It was a sign that spring isn’t too far away.
We shopped in Kittery, Portland and Freeport. I haven’t walked that much in a VERY long time.
In Portsmouth we ate downtown at a place called Friendly Toast. I have to say the food was fabulous. It’s very retro. There was an old Superman pogo stick, the RCA dog, and board games from 30+ years ago hanging on the walls. An old Borden’s Ice Cream sign too. The DH and I kept spotting things and saying – look at that. I don’t think two dishes matched in the place. LOL
The wait to get in was out the door both times we went. Yes, we went back, the food was that good.
We hated to come back, but the kids were going nuts. By three on Sunday afternoon we were getting calls and texts asking when we’d be home. LOL We finally broke down and headed home around 5ish. It was nice to sleep in my own bed.
Tomorrow I go back to work and the DH heads out to OK for a business trip. I’m looking forward to the distraction. I have soooooooo much stuff that needs to get done, but no desire to do any of it.
I want to finish Sliding Home my newest M/M by month end. I’m about 3-5k away. Then there’s the last sex scene of Shea Manor. I thought I finished this book, but as I was editing it I realized I left out the most important fantasy for the heroine. DUH!
So hopefully I’ll get some writing done today.
Oh and the winner???? Booklover0226 Contact me at amberskyze@aol.com to collect your copy of Wild Lickins.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I was in Portsmouth/Seabrook on Saturday with wonderful boyfriend and couldn't agree more with the fabulous weather. It was a great place to be. So glad you had a great time!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like loads of fun. I love that part of the country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been in that area but it sounds wonderful. Happy release day, btw.

    ReplyDelete