Thursday, February 11, 2010

Itching for Spring

Yesterday school was closed…for no good reason. They predicted we’d get 16 inches of snow. We got about 2! The heavy stuff didn’t even start falling until after four. The kids could have gone to school. But see two years ago we got a storm mid-morning, causing the schools to let the children go home early. Well kids were stuck on buses for almost five hours in some places. My daughter wasn’t one of them. It took the DH seven hours to get home from work that day. Normally it’s an hour drive. The city and state officials took so much heat. So instead of facing another fiasco they immediately close the schools. Lucky me… my daughter was home, driving me crazy. I don’t want to hear I’m bored again! LOL
Nothing got accomplished. I haven’t written all week. I’m in a slump. I open a document and stare at it. The words just won’t come. The DH and I are going away for the weekend. It will be nice to have a change of scenery.
Edits for Research Required were waiting in my inbox this morning, so I know what I’ll be doing today. I have to finish my cover art form for Dante’s Desire too.
In other news Ignited received its first review and it’s awesome. You can read it here:
http://seriouslyreviewed.blogspot.com/2010/02/ignited-by-amber-skyze.html

5 comments:

  1. LOL! I know what you mean. Our school's been closed twice now for 'no good reason'. If we can get out and drive to the store, why didn't the kids have a two-hour delay? I can certainly understand the county school's closing, but the CITY? HA!

    All I know is, if I were working in the school system again, I'd welcome the closings. But as one who already has to fight for computer time...this was insane.

    Maybe this weekend getaway will help recharge the creative batteries? Mine were semi-charged last weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the review, Amber! I understand about staring at the blank page. I've sure done that before! Have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know what you mean about the slumping thing. I've been like a slumpin wet noodle. Today I think I might've worked my way out of it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Down here we don't get snow days but some years we get hurricane days. DD2 goes completely nuts with cabin fever and drives the rest of us crazy when this happens. As a kid, I loved snow days. I'm not so sure about hurricane days, however.

    ReplyDelete