Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another one bites the dust!

The End. Those are two of my favorite words. Why? Because I know I’ve accomplished something. I’ve finished yet another story. It might be great. It might suck. That’s up to my editor to decide, but for me it’s exhilarating.
I battle different demons whenever writing a book, so the feeling of triumph never diminishes with every new book I write.
As you can probably tell I finished a book today. Really it was a SHORT (4k) story. I’m revisiting two characters that appeared in the Spank Me Twice Anthology with Noble Romance. I sent the story off to a friend for her opinion. She’s someone who knows my work well and will give me the feedback I need. That’s right, I mean the truth! LoL
While I await her comments I’ll be jotting down ideas I have for a new YA. I’ve been mulling it around for a while now. It’s time to put my notes on paper so I can see if it has potential.
Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Great job! I can't wait to see what you come up with for a YA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Those are my two favorite words to write too. You just feel so exhilerated afterward.

    I'm working on a YA romance too. I'm hoping--fingers crossed--to type THE END on it by February.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, I don't know how you do it! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amber! It's good to be back. Yes it feels good say The End, esp. when the end doesn't seem to be in sight.

    I'm working on a simi YA SF with a friend, so it is a different space for sure.

    ReplyDelete