Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snow and Rejection - SUCK

Seriously another storm is on the horizon? We’re averaging one a week here in the Northeast. The kids will be going to school until August at this rate. If you couldn’t tell I’m sick to death of the snow. I’m ready for spring – if you’re listening Mother Nature.
In other news, I got a rejection yesterday. I subbed to a new to me publisher. The rejection was more of a revision letter. Very nice and very detailed. It wouldn’t take much to make the story click. I’ll admit she did have some good points. Bottom line – it still SUCKS. Rejection of any kinds SUCKS.
I’ve made a compromise in my spare bedroom situation. The daughter has 'til March 1st to move out. After that we’ll paint the bedroom something bright and cheery. I’ll get a nice comfy chair/recliner for writing in there in the morning. DH will have it as his office three days a week. The other two I’ll use the room. Until we can afford an addition I think it’ll work out just fine.
Tomorrow I have special guest Marianne Stephens so do drop in and say hello to her!
Happy Hump Day!

7 comments:

  1. Snow and rejection DO SUCK! At least it was more like a "revision" letter. The first rejection that I received was like that and that I can handle. The second was in a few hours of the submission and told me that "it didn't capture her interest right from the beginning". Ouch that hurt! Make the revision and then see if you want to sub it back to them or another company. Off to get "milk and bread", keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love Marianne. She was the first person to greet me when I attended my first writers group.

    Revision rejection letters are totally helpful and awesome and all but, yeah, they still don't take the sting out.

    You can come visit me if you need to get out of the snow for a while. It's supposed to be in the upper 50s here tommorrow. Seriously, I'm not rubbing that in or anything. Okay, maybe I am just a little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring is going to be a very beautiful and welcome visitor this year!
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same about the weather!

    Oh yeah, any rejection sucks for sure.

    Good luck with the new room. Sounds inviting for a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, snow + rejection = suck, huh? ICAM - except I sort of miss snow, but it sounds like you won't have to worry about a drought! You'll revise and the book will pass muster. I get rejected all the effin' time, Amber. No sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rejections always suck, but they're part of they business and proof that you're productive. Yep, what's up with all these snow storms, one right after another. Expecting 5-10"? Makes driving to work a nightmare. Keep writing,I love your stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree about both--rejections AND snowstorms!

    ReplyDelete