Sunday, January 23, 2011

Baby, it's cold outside!

Woke to the warm temperature of 6 degrees this morning. It’s warm inside the house, but I need to go out and I don’t want to. Today is one of those days where I’d like to cuddle under a warm blanket and read a good book or do some writing. Instead, I’ll be braving the frigid temps and going to the market. I always put things off until the very last minute.
On top of that someone told me we’re looking at another storm Tuesday/Wednesday that has the potential to dump 20-24 inches of snow. WTF! I know, I know, it’s winter, but seriously. We’re already buried in snow. I won’t be able to see pulling out of my driveway at this point and I have a SUV. I’m not sitting low to the ground. Off my soapbox now!
DH and I went to see The Fighter yesterday. I can see why Christian Bale won the Golden Globe. I’m not sure supporting actor was the right category. He did a phenomenal job with his character, who, in my opinion was the main character. The movie took me on an emotional roller coaster ride. One minute I hated the character, the next I wanted to cry for him and then I was cheering him.
Don’t get me wrong I loved Mark Wahlberg, but I think Christian Bale was the lead in this story.
And don’t forget if you haven’t voted, ME, along with the fabulous authors Keta Diablo, Jude Mason and Tara Nichols are up for Best Anthology for Spank Me Twice. Love Romance Café is hosting this award. Here’s the link!
http://lovesbooksandmore.blogspot.com/2011/01/nominees-for-best-anthologymulti-author.html

2 comments:

  1. When I read the title of your blog, I broke out into song in my head. I blame Glee! I am done with the cold and snow. No more! I also braved the elements to go to the market. I am making some soup now, checking on various blogs, and doing some cleaning. I am a little ADD when it comes to housework. Good luck with your nomination, I hope that you win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Christian Bale is pretty amazing. He's so amazing he scares me! Congrats on your anthology, by the way! And I'm sorry to hear about the cold. We have sun.

    ReplyDelete