Friday, March 22, 2013

Recovering


I’m a bit slow to recover this time. I expected to be back on my feet and off running by now. Nope, not so much. I’m walking like a little old lady, shuffling along. I’m on a weight restriction, so I can’t lift the little one. She’s sick, which breaks my heart. She did cuddle in bed with me yesterday. She’d been gone since Monday night, so having her home yesterday was bittersweet.
I’m not in too much pain. I’m glad because I don’t like pain pills so I ride out the storm with Advil or Tylenol. I haven’t taken it more than once a day. The good thing is I have a high tolerance for pain.
I’ve watched really horrible television and slept. I’m having terrible nightmares to the point I don’t want to sleep. It’s frustrating.
Today I feel better than I did yesterday, so I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before I’m fully on my feet. The doctor told me I could start driving yesterday. I don’t think I’m ready for that yet. I’m having enough trouble with the stairs.
Thanks to all my friends who send me wishes and prayers. I truly appreciate them!

5 comments:

  1. My goodness. That doesn't sound very pleasant. Take care of yourself. Sounds like you need a bunch of new stories and good movies to enjoy while you reccop! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better! Good luck with your recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Sorry you're not well. I've been gone again so I didn't know you were sick. Here's hoping you'll be well soon. Please take care of you. I hope you can hold the little one very soon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You get better. It's so hard to be laid up when you have a young child. But I know you'll be back on your feet soon. I'm glad all went well.

    ReplyDelete