Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday Again

The beginning of a new week. The DH and I went out for dinner and drinks with my brother in law and his wife this weekend. It was nice to be out of the house. I needed a night out more than I realized.

I have another busy week ahead of me. I’m editing a romantic comedy I want to submit to a contest, along with getting it ready for an agent appointment in March. Also on my lists of to-do’s this week is editing the Shea Manor series. I haven’t finished writing book two, but one and three are done.

I’m also hard at work on a new wip that needs to be finished and submitted by Jan 31st. It’s for a themed series so there is a deadline. The idea came to me last week and I had to put aside Brooke and Liam’s story for Shea Manor to work on this. Once I’m done I’ll return to the other story.

I’ve been planning out my week on Sunday’s, it seems having a schedule makes me more productive. I'm the queen of procrastination so this way I feel accountable for getting the work done. On top of my writing schedule I have little tasks around the house I want to tackle. Things I couldn't do if I were working the day job.

Our daughter just strolled in from a four day trip to Washington DC with the father in law. She went straight to bed after being on a train for seven hours. I'm looking forward to her waking up to hear all the details. My FIL surprised them with a trip to the White House, along with a tour of the Oval Office. He didn't think he'd be able to pull it off, but he did. She missed a few days of school for this trip, but hey, it was educational right? :)

Just waiting for the final approval on my new cover for Wild Lickins so I can share. I’m really digging this cover.

Eight more days until the release of Ignited, my newest ménage from Ellora’s Cave Exotika line.

Well time to get busy on my chapter’s newsletter and do some editing. Until tomorrow…

3 comments:

  1. Sounds as if everyone had a good 'mental health' weekend:)

    I was heartsick when we had to cancel our daughter's trip to DC with her class; the money just wasn't there. I was looking forward to seeing DC again, esp since I didn't get to go to the White House. Hope your daughter had a FANTASTIC time, and of COURSE it was educational!! Kudos to the FIL for the surprise:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your family have so much going on. It just amazes me! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got a chance to get out! Looking forward to the new books!

    ReplyDelete