Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Shocking Harlequin Numbers

How ironic life is sometimes. I've been thinking about editing a book I wrote a few years ago and subbing it to Harlequin for the Blaze line. When I wrote the book, I had them in mind. I used to be a fan. I read their books faithfully every month and then I discovered other books and stopped reading them.

Yesterday I read a blog where Harlequin author Ann Voss discussed numbers. I was blown away by how horrible they were. Why would anyone in their right mind want to write for this house, except for a stepping stone to something larger. Even then is it worth it?

I'll let you be the judge. Here is the link to the blog. http://jakonrath.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/harlequin-fail.html

5 comments:

  1. I was shocked when I read it. I want to print it out for my mom because she thinks if you don't write for Harlequin, you're not a "real" writer yet! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. This is soooo not what I wanted to hear. I've always wanted to sell a book to Harlequin just so I can see my story while I'm waiting in line at the supermarket. Maybe just one book there wouldn't hurt. But ack, the figures do not look good. Poor H authors...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely shocked by those numbers. My epublishers are better to than me than I thought!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was floored when I read that...It honestly sucks...

    ReplyDelete