Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Welcome Angela Aaron!



A big Thank You for allowing me to invade your blog today.  I am honored to be counted as one of your guests.

Okay, I'm ready for the questions (rubbing hands together)- bring 'em on.







When in the day/night do you write? How long per day? 

Hm…had to start with the tough one, eh?  Well, I write when I can. I definitely do not have a set schedule.  I work full time and I'm a single mom to a wonderful son who is a senior this year.  I write mostly in the evenings and on the weekends.  I have been known to get up at 4:00 a.m. to get a few things down before I forget, however this is only on rare occasions. I get so little sleep, I don't give it up too easily. 





What is the hardest part of writing your books?

The hardest part of writing is finding quiet time to do it. I have a hard time setting aside housework and other chores to write.  I get obsessed with wanting all the work done before I write.  I am learning that it never gets done (ha- isn't that the truth?) and I just have to accept it and find time to write.





What do you think makes a good story?

I think there are several elements that make a good story, but first and foremost are characters I like to like (or hate) and that interact well together.  I've seen great characters but awkward dialog between them drew me out of the story.





Plotter or Pantser? Why?

Both and neither.  Sometimes I have a rough outline, sometimes I have nothing and just let the story develop.  Sometime I have really detailed notes.  I actually find a mixture works best for me. I like to have a rough outline, but I also let the characters take me where they want to go. Quite often I don't have an ending. I like to wait until writing is well underway before I figure out how it is going to end.



What songs are most played on your Ipod?

I have 3,427 songs on my Ipod.  No kidding.  I just looked.  I have everything from Celtic to 70's guitar rock, soundtracks to Lord of the Rings, King Arthur, and Phantom, 60's hits, bagpipes and a crazy medieval metal bagpipe band, classical and country.  The only kind that is NOT on my Ipod is Rap. 



Do you listen to music while writing? If so what?

I definitely listen to music while I write.  Sets the mood and helps set free my imagination.




Tell us about your favorite character from your books

Right now, my fav character is Aedan from my latest.  I love a big alpha male, especially one that is a bit arrogant (but has every right) and strong in his convictions.  I loved writing Aedan in Scottish dialect.  That was such a challenge.



Tell us about your current release.

I am glad you asked this and here is my shameless plug (snicker).



Imagine this:  It is 6:30 a.m. on a freezing February morning.  The air is biting crisp and the sky is clear.  It is "nose-hair-sticking" cold.  There isn't another soul around as I pull into the parking lot of work.  I have no desire to get out of my warm car and instead decide to finish my coffee and mumble about the winter doldrums. I look to my left and there is the biggest, brightest full moon I've ever seen and it captivates my full attention.  Being the hopeless romantic I am, found myself wondering how much magic that moon really has, and wouldn't it be grand if I walked inside the building and stepped into an adventure with a handsome alpha hero.  Well, the whimsical thought came and went and I eventually braved the cold and headed into work.  As I entered the building the thought came to me that I should write down what I was just thinking and make a story out of the experience. That's how The Fire of Beltane was born.



I spent the next few months observing and jotting down notes and ideas that kept flooding my brain. I developed my characters from watching the people around me.  My heroine, Aislinn (pronounced Ashlynn) is the combination of 3 different people and my Hero Aedan, on the other hand is pure made-up alpha fantasy. I love to write strong but flawed and terribly perfect heros because that is what I like to read.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.



The Fire of Beltane is a story full of sizzling romance, magic and mystery; where the impossible becomes possible.  It's a story where dreams come true…literally.

It is a feel good story at its barest! The love scenes are hot-hot-hot, but it can be no other way for Aedan and Aislinn. (Content warning:  Sizzling graphic love scenes, ancient public fertility ceremony)  And yes…I did write the "moon" scene into the story.







Blurb:



The Fire of Beltane

Angela Aaron

When Aedan is denied his soul mate that fateful Beltane night, he is given the gift of immortality, permitting him to wait for her prophesized return. Reunited after eleven-hundred years, he is disheartened to learn his true love holds no memory of him.



Wishing for a distraction from the winter doldrums, Aislinn never expected to be caught up in a whirlwind of magic and danger with a man she has spent her whole life dreaming about. What he asks of her tests the very reality she holds dear.



Now, as Beltane approaches, and with time running out, Aedan and Aislinn must reach Ireland to pledge their love to one another. But in order to live out their destinies, they must overcome an ancient foe determined to see an end to their fated love.

Eleven hundred years he waited for her. He could lose her in a single moment.








The Blog I share with Heather Peters:  http://www.bodaciousbabesbookbuds.blogspot.om






Facebook:  Angela Aaron or Angela Aaron Author

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG8uRbVTxqc



4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me visit today. I appreciate your kindness. ~Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie! It's nice to meet you. Congrats on your new book! I have a thing for big alpha males too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview, Angela. And congrats on your new release. Sounds like a great book. Cool how you came up with the the idea. I get ideas while sitting at work too. When you're not looking for an idea sometimes they just come to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed the interview and the book sounds really great! This summer I will be enjoy being lazy when possible by the pool with a good book. Also will have 3 of my grandchildren visit during July which is the best! Hope you have a great summer too.

    ReplyDelete