Friday, May 18, 2012

TGIF


It feels like I haven’t blogged in forever! I guess I haven’t with the blog hop and a few guests. It’s funny when I know I don’t have to blog I can think of a ton of things to blog about. When it comes time to actually write I forget those things. LOL I suppose I need to start writing down my ideas.
I’ve been busy writing and stressing over my friend Katalina Leon who is deep in edits for our co-authored book. I’m stressed because she’s buried and there’s nothing I can do. This was her baby. She knows it inside and out.  Big hugs to my friend.
I read an interview in Redbook the other day. The interview was with John Cusack. He talked about his love for music. He was asked if he could date and/or marry someone who didn’t enjoy his taste in music. He said NO. Most would be surprised with his answer, but I definitely wasn’t.
When I first started dating my husband we did talk about music – through email. He said he loved the 80s music and he was a big fan of Bon Jovi. Now when I think of 80s music, I think Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Whitesnake, just to name a few. I thought how cool that we shared the same taste. Years later I realize how different his taste is. He does love 80s, just not the hairband stuff. I wish I could give you an example, but seriously I didn’t listen to that stuff back then so I have no clue what their names are now.
Here’s the issue. We both have Satellite radio in our cars. He listens to 80s on 8 and I listen to Octane (hard rock) and Hairbands. We take his car more often than not because mine is a lease. I get stuff listening to his stuff. It drives me nuts.
So, would I have gotten in deep with him if I knew we really weren’t on the same page with music? I’m not sure. I’m not being mean, just being honest. I will say I’m glad I didn’t figure it out until I was in love with him. I’d be missing out on a wonderful life. :o)
I realized that I don’t allow my heroines to be in relationships unless the hero shares the same interests. Maybe I should switch that up a bit and give them some conflict and show they can co-exist.
Those are my thoughts for today. :o)
Happy Friday.

8 comments:

  1. Some good thoughts for the day, don't stress about the edits with Kat! The book is going to be fantastic. How could it not being written by the two of you. I totally didn't have the same taste in music as my husband, or movies, or probably anything else for that matter but we did fall in love. Now that a lot of years have passed, and I DO mean a lot, we've probably grown towards the middle. I can now sit through movies like Fright Night and actually enjoy it and he can sit through Pride and Prejudice! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you've found a happy middle. I'm sure it's not easy. :)

      Delete
  2. John Cusack has a point... I would also add never marry anyone who doesn't share the same sense of humor. That one runs deeper than most people realize.
    I'm doing fine! Don't stress on this one. I'll have something stressful headed your way soon. : ) So save that stress for later! lol
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, very good thoughts. It probably is a good thing you learn more little details about your other half AFTER you fall in love with them because a lot of the time it'd be a deal breaker early on in the relationship. I think you have a good story idea there to make opposites attract (for lack of a better term). Hugs to Kat. I'm sure she'll work through everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I agree it is better to figure it out later. :)

      Delete
  4. I actually don't mind a little conflict at all. A story can be a little more interesting when two very different characters still find common ground.

    ReplyDelete