Monday, April 7, 2014

My Love of Music

My love affair with music started when I was just a little girl. My parents were fans of rock music – Led Zeppelin, The Kinks, and The Doors to name a few. I was a fan of all three. There was one album though that touched me: Heart’s Dreamboat Annie.
My favorite song on the album is Magic Man, but I love Crazy on You too. When my parents were at work I’d put the album on the record player and sing my heart out. (Sure I’m showing my age. I was 8 when the album came out.) I loved Nancy Wilson. A chick with a guitar. What’s not to love? I dreamed about being a rock chick. I wanted to play guitar and sing.
Musical talent I wasn’t blessed with. My uncle though was another story. He played the harmonica and acoustic guitar. He could sing too. He was blessed with the ability to draw too. He has incredible drawings, unfortunately our family no longer has. When he was killed in a car accident his wife took all the drawings, but that’s another story.
My uncle and I were very close and I was his biggest fan. I could sit and listen to him play the guitar for hours.
At 12 we got a dog.  Dusty was my responsibility. I had to walk him. My parents were kind enough to buy me a small radio that I could carry with me while walking the dog. I’d listen to Top 40 music and the dog got to hear my lovely voice. Hahahaha.
By high school my music taste changed again to the hairbands. Sorry, but I still listen to Hair Nation on Sirius.
I can listen to just about any music but Country. No offense to anyone out there who enjoys Country. It was something I could never connect with. I’m not sure why and I’d never judge anyone by the music they listen to.
Music has always played a huge part in my life. So it makes sense that I would write a Rock Band Series. I’m still editing and hope to have this new book to my readers by May or June the latest. Each day I open my WIP I’m excited for where the book is headed.
Book 2 is already in the works so hopefully it won’t be too far behind book one.

Coming soon a blog on how I entered the world of Hard Core Rock.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting story, Amber. Sorry about your uncle. That's a hard loss. I love most music genres, country included! I'm glad your new WIP is moving along!

    ReplyDelete