Monday, September 27, 2010

Rainy Monday

After a week of wonderful weather I woke up to a cloudy, dreary, rainy day. I have so much on my to-do list and the only thing I feel like doing is crawling back into bed and sleeping the day away.
On Friday, with some of the donations we received in memory of our son, we held a luncheon for all nurses who cared for him during his short stay in the NICU. We really did something for every shift, but we spent lunch with the day shift. They were so appreciative and we were humbled. WE were the appreciative ones. While he didn’t survive the care he received while there was incredible. Their jobs are difficult as far as I’m concerned, they’re heroes. As one nurse said, “There’s no happy medium. It’s either really good or really bad.”
We had a busy fun weekend. It was kid-free for the most part and we enjoyed it immensely. Today of course we’re back to the rat race of work, school and all that fun stuff.
I need to spent the day doing self-edits on my finished wip. I’d like to get it off my plate before leaving for Romanticon next week, along with another quickie I’ve been writing since last Friday. I’m hoping to have that finished by this Friday or Monday the latest.
Time to get busy before I chose the bed!
Did you have a fun weekend?
Happy Monday.

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet thing to do for the hospital staff. I agree--theirs is a job that not many of us could cope with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely thing you did for the hospital staff, Amber. Hope you have a good week with all your writing projects! You make me tired just reading about all of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice thing to do for those folks, Amber! I am certain they appreciated it.

    Lots of writing and list making around here. Almost ready for Romanticon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had a great time this weekend! And it's cold here today. Our rain hit last week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a poignant weekend. One of my best friends is a NICU nurse. I could never ever do that job.
    Sorry about the rain, but I'll trade your rain for our 100' temps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so sweet Amber:) My nephew and his wife did the same when their son lost his brief life back in 2002.

    Had a busy weekend and my 'grandchildren' surprised us with a quick visit.

    Molly Daniels

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice thing to do for the staff who cared for your son. A nice way to remember him by too. Now that I'm back from my trip, I'm trying to get back into the writing mode and need to start packing for Romanticon. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete