Sunday, September 4, 2011

Seriously?

We didn’t lose power during Hurricane/Tropical Storm Irene. My heart went out to those who did and those who are STILL without power, because there are still people in the dark. So Wednesday night National Grid was working down the road. DH drove by them on the way to the dog park. He came home and told me the side street was without power. An hour later they were in front of our house. Now I was getting ready to make bottles and head to bed. I have a process!!!!!!
I told the DH they’re going to knock out our power you watch. He just shrugged like I didn’t know what I was talking about. Well, I grabbed a flashlight and started my pre-bed routine and guess what? Yup, the power went out. Of course I’m upstairs yelling, “I told you so.” Hey I’m like that what can I say.
Turns out they were replacing a wire that a tree fell on. They had left the tree resting on the wire for three days. Why couldn’t they change the wire when they removed the tree? Was it necessary to do this work at nine at night?
Okay off my soapbox.
Irene also caused a delay in school starting. Instead of going last Wednesday the kids return this coming Tuesday. My daughter is upset because now the freshmen won’t get the day to themselves to acclimate themselves to their new school. I feel bad for them, but things happen.
Other than that I haven’t been up to much. :)
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment