Friday, March 9, 2012

Welcome Ashlynne Laynne

Thanks so much for having me here today, Amber. I really love what you’ve done with the place!

How did you start your writing career?

If I’m going to truly trace the origins of my desire to write, they’d go back to age eight and my winning third place in an oratorical contest. A writer was essentially born. In my teen years, I started writing poetry. I still love to write poetry. The epilogues of books one and two are my original work. In October of 2010, I sat surrounded by some sketches I’d drawn of an amulet, some research about the Salem witch trials and character traits of two people I couldn’t get out of my head. I made the decision to start writing about these two people and let it take me where it might.


Tell us about your next release.

My next release is the second book and the continuing of Ascher and Shauna’s journey. Blood Bonds will feature more romance and danger, the deepening of the couple’s relationships and a special event that will shock even the most jaded reader. I think anyone who loved The Progeny will also love the sequel.


Who is your favorite author?

I love Stephen King but I’ve also discovered some lesser known authors that have also gotten my attention.

Plotter or Pantser? Why?   

I usually start a project with a loose timeline of things to happen. It rarely holds up. The more I write these characters, the more resistant they become to my “plotting.” I also place note pads and pens throughout my house. I never know when the urge to write or an idea might spark in my brain. Ascher and Shauna also make guest appearances in my dreams. The first time I dreamed about them, it really freaked me out. Now, I’ve come to expect it.


Tell us about your family.

I’m not one to stock pile friends for the sake of saying that I have them. I have a platinum friend, Tabetha, whom I’ve known since seventh grade (most of my life). I’m married and live with my husband of nine years and my autistic son.


Do you use a pen name? If so, how did you come up with it?

Ashlynne Laynne is my pen name. It’s very similar to my given name. I use a pen name to protect my identity and that of my son. I came up with it after someone suggested that using my initials and my last name might not work for writing romance. I’d been advised that women were less apt to buy a romance novel if they thought a man penned it. I’m still not sure how accurate that assumption was but I like the name Ashlynne. Besides, it being close to my hero’s name, it means “dream” in Gaelic.


Do you listen to music while writing? If so what?

I love using music as a tool in writing. What I listen to depends on what I’m writing. Most of the fight scenes in The Progeny I wrote while listening to Rob Zombie, White Zombie and Muse. I so love them even though I’m not considered their “target audience.” For love scenes, I like to listen to softer, more romantic type music. I’m particularly fond of Maroon 5, Rihanna; Foster the People, BeyoncĂ©, Lady Antebellum, Lil Wayne, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga and Adele. As you can see, my musical tastes are very eclectic. I’ve even written a country song or two in my younger years.


What book are you reading now?

Right now, I’m the BETA for a dear friend and I’m reading her upcoming release. I’m also re-reading Blood Bonds and writing Blood Lust. My plate’s full!


What are your favorite TV shows?

Family Guy, The Cleveland Show, Property Brothers, Bitchin Kitchen, Secret Circle, Vampire Diaries and my guilty pleasure of any Lifetime movie.


Morning Person? Or Night Person?
I’m a night person, which totally conflicts with my work schedule!


The Progeny Blurb
“No fate other than the one I choose.” The timeless creed, and tattoo, bore by the Rousseau’s— a vampire clan with the purest bloodline of any vampire family. Out of this clandestine group came one who was different, yet the same: Ascher - a half-bloodling— half- human, half vampire.

Ascher questions the purpose for his existence and which world he truly belongs to: the human world or the vampire world. Two months from sealing to Ursula— a prearranged union to a woman he abhors — he’s at his wit’s end. He knows if he calls off the sealing, the Romanian clan will strike with deadly force, but he cannot see eternity with a cold empty shell of a woman like Ursula.

Just when he thought life was complicated enough, he meets Shauna— a beautiful, bi-racial human Wiccan — and immediately develops an unshakable attraction to her. She makes him feel alive and vital despite his origins and Ascher makes a decision that turns his immortal world upside down.

The Progeny Excerpt
He lowered her again, brushing her neck with his tongue. She gradually opened to him as he gave her cautious and gentle thrusts, his hands guiding the movement of her hips. He watched her eyes widen as she took more of him. He was surprised, and delighted, that she was able to take all of him.
Her anguished whimpers became moans of pleasure. Both their eyes rolled in their heads as he continued to lower and raise her. She was his match, a mold shaping to fit him.
He gripped her back again, releasing her hips to allow her control of the thrusting. Her movements were shaky and uncoordinated at first. Eventually, she found a rhythm, becoming more confident with twisting and looping her hips in tight circles. His pale complexion flushed, the fire burning in his skin and spine, threatening to bury him in orgasm. Several times, he seized her hips to cease her movement, preventing himself from losing it— he couldn’t believe how close he already was.
He held her arms, attempting to bring himself out of her, but she stopped him, locking her fingers with his so he couldn’t interfere.
He surrendered. It felt too amazing to stop.
His voice was deep and heavy with lust, when he groaned, “I’m so close.”
“Let go, Ascher. I know you want to. Don’t hold back.”
He thought of how foolish her request was. If he didn’t hold back she could be hurt, or killed. He fought against the pleasure, shoving the tingles back down, stemming the overwhelming urge to come. He hesitated, stopping the thrusting, grabbing her hips to get control of his body.
He suddenly feared what his orgasm might mean for her.
“Don’t stop.” she moaned while wiggling free of his arms’ hold, her rigid tongue tracing circles into his neck. Her hips resumed their rocking, lashing him with their movement, forcing his orgasm to the edge. Her fingers twisted into his hair. “I’m close,” she moaned, her eyes glazing with tears. “I’m so close.”
It was too much, the intense heat inside her, the grinding, her tongue on his neck. The fire returned, burning more than it had before he’d stopped them.
“Shauna.”
She shook her head, her hand knotting in his head, now. Blazing a deep and penetrating stare into him, she moaned, “Come for me, Ascher. Don’t be afraid. I want you to come for me.”
That did it. His control vanished, leaving his primitive nature behind. A fuse blew in his brain as his wild and uninhibited side slipped out. He growled then clutched her hips, roughly thrusting himself into her. 
The pain shocked her, flooding her with a discomfort that gave way to a pleasure so overwhelming that it caused her to rip her nails across his back.
He never even flinched.

9 comments:

  1. Ooh, steamy excerpt! Congrats on your release. My hubby is a huge Family Guy fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seth McFarlane is a comedic genius! Thanks for dropping in, Linda. Glad you enjoyed the excerpt.

      Delete
  2. Hi Ashlynne, nice to meet you.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too, Kat. I have a Kat, or should I say Katy, in The Progeny. It's always nice to meet new people during my blogs. Hope you enjoyed the blog and excerpt. Have an awesome weekend!

      Delete
  3. A.S. Lane/Ashlynne Laynne - Sizzling excerpt! Yum! Are your books available on Kindle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BonSue,
      I'm thrilled that you loved the excerpt. Ash and Shauna are only getting started in that scene. I'm writing book three now and they are getting "very" comfortable with one another! Yes, The Progeny is available on Kindle. Thanks so much for coming by. Glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed getting to know you better.
    And may I say, I'm so excited for book 2 in this awesome series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda,
      Thanks for dropping by. I'm excited for my readers to see the continuation of Ascher and Shauna's story. I think I might be more excited for book two than I was for book one. How weird is that? So glad you stopped in. :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for having me, Amber. It was a blast! I'd like to offer one of you who commented a free Kindle version of The Progeny. Go to ashlynnelaynne@aol.com and leave an email with your name and email address that you'd like it sent to. I'll choose a winner tomorrow at 6pm.

    ReplyDelete