Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Damn Trains!

Today is the second day of Nano. I didn’t have a great start. Only 732 yesterday. Today I’m a little over 1k and the day isn’t over. Well it might be for me. I’m going in for a small procedure. They say I’ll be a little sore and hopefully they’re right.
We live near a train track and for 5 years it’s been relatively quiet. Normally it speeds by so fast you barely notice it. Not any longer. NOW it blows its whistle every time it goes by. Not only that it has increased its frequency. I’m not liking this very much. I can’t block out the whistle.
Okay, enough of my moaning. I want to give a BIG shout out to my friend Julia. Her baseball team took the World Series title last night. YAY Giants. Yes, I’m still a die hard Red Sox fan, but I’m happy for Julia and the Giants. :o)
Well off to the post office and bank before the doctors.
Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. Sending you positive vibes for your procedure tomorrow. Hopefully, you will only be a little sore when finished. Sorry about the train, it's terrible when you can't block something out. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are at least 80 trains through our town on a daily basis, and we live 1 1/2 blocks from the tracks.

    You're doing better than I am; I think my total right now is 42 words:) No, that's not a typo. 42. Been a little busy the last two days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand the Nano thing. What's it all about?

    ReplyDelete