Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Welcome Heather Peters



Today I'd like to introduce you to a long-time friend Heather Peters. She writes sexy hockey stories, along with other totally fantastic books. I highly recommend them all!

Okay Heather...Tell us about your favorite character from your books. Right now my favorite characters are Nate and John from my new release, Whispers. They tore at my heartstrings. And, they're really hot and sexy!

1.  Tell us about your current release. Whispers is my new 2-novella anthology. The first story, Whispered Magic, is about Nate and Crystal, who meet one Halloween afternoon in Hawthorne Square, in Salem. Nate's aunt Lily, owns the local and very popular New Age shop, Mother Earth. She is an 80yr old, sharp, intuitive woman,  a little on the eccentric side. When Nate and Crystal find that they are instantly attracted to each other, one has to wonder if love at first sight is in play here, or is Aunty Lily up to her old (magic) tricks….The second story is told within the context of a five day cruise to the Caribbean. John Stabler is hired to find a runaway bride. He's a weary, hurting private investigator who knows if he finds this publishing heiress, the money he earns will enable him to finally retire to his mountain cabin. He doesn’t figure on meeting Celeste Foxworth, who steals his heart, and melts his jaded, cynical heart.

2.  Tell us about your next release. Ah, now my favorite subject: sports, or in the case of my next 2-novella anthology, Rules of the Game #3, both will be hockey stories, and I have two amazing heroes who not only play some ass-kicking hockey, but are also floored and humbled by the women they meet and fall in love with. This one will be released in very late Summer.

3.  What does your family think of your writing career?  I can answer that by quoting my 6 year old grandson, who overheard me tell my daughter about the release of Whispers, and commented: Nanny, you write about hockey players and love right?  That's my boy.

4.   As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? An actress, a rock goddess like Stevie Nicks, an archaeologist, a music producer, and a writer.  Well, one out of five ain't bad.
Amber: I wanted to be a rock goddess like Stevie Nicks too!!!! I still do. lol

5.  What are your favorite TV shows? As I grow older, I find my tastes grow more and more eclectic. I absolutely love The Walking Dead, The Big C, Nurse Jackie and Dexter. On the other hand, I also enjoy True Blood, Family Guy,Tanked, Once Upon a Time, Vampire Diaries, Arrow and Beauty and the Beast. Oh, I rarely watch the news; it depresses me.

6.   Do you have any suggestions for beginning writers? If so, what are they? I'm sure they've heard it all  before. I've been writing for the better part of thirty years; many rejections, a lot of tears and frustration, also there were a few years here and there where I didn’t write at all. Now after finally seeing a little success being an indie author/publisher, I only have three words, Don’t give up ~ If you are really serious about making it as a writer, you have to be tough and resilient. If you have a dream, go after it. It's a short life, go after what you want.

8. Tell us about your family.  I've been blessed with two amazing children (that includes my son-in-law and daughter-in-law).  My elderly dad lives with me and he can still drive me crazy, but at the age of 88, the man can still (and does) balance his checkbook to the penny, I kid you not. I have a best friend who has put up with my moods for the past thirty years (and still loves me). The love of my life and soul mate, Michael, passed nearly three years ago. He was my husband, lover, best friend, and encouraged my need to write every day of his life. I count myself so incredibly blessed to have had him in my life for twelve, amazing years.

9.  Morning Person? Or Night Person?  Definitely morning. I have no problem turning in at 7:30 p.m. Really. Seriously.

10.  What would we find under your bed? I don’t planning on looking any time soon.

2 comments:

  1. I am such a fan of both of you. I enjoyed Whispers as well as the other books. Nice to meet you Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Heather! You are a new to me author and I hope to hear more about you! I like the idea of a two novella book! :)

    ReplyDelete