Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happily Editing

Yesterday I picked up my manuscript I’ll be pitching to an agent in April at the RWA NEC conference. To be honest I haven’t looked at this book in almost two years. I did read/edit six pages a few weeks ago, but my heart wasn’t in it, so I put it aside.
Yesterday was different. I’m in a different mindset. I got through the first ten pages required for the agent. As I’ve mentioned before the agent will read these pages prior to the meeting. So I have to sit down and write the synopsis and a query letter to grab her attention and make her want more. What I found is I really LOVE this book. I’m excited about editing the rest and getting it ready for my agent appointment. And hey, if she isn’t interested I’m sure I can find a publisher who will want to buy it.
So while I await second round edits for All or Nothing and first round for Just Another Rainy Day I’ll be working hard on this non-erotic book. :o)
Happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Editing. I like that the new/old book is in a different genre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so excited that your new venture is non-erotic - whats the saying: 'Variety is the spice of life'? lol ~ My new one is non-erotic too, just straight romance ~ it feels good to write something different.

    I know your pitch will be a success and I wish I could be with you at NEC ~ I attended several years ago, and what fun we RIRW gals had!

    Keep us posted on this new project and much good luck~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Wednesday! Don't you just love it when you really enjoy the story you're writing, er, editing?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you the very best, Amber. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go, Amber! Will look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on the edits! And I'm wishing you get that agent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is nothing more awesome that being in love with your book. Best of luck with the agent, hon.

    ReplyDelete