Thursday, May 12, 2011

This and That...

There seems to be a lot of talk about Facebook this morning. I guess you can’t advertise contests and if I read the rules correctly you can’t do much. So I have to ask…as an author who wants to promote myself and run contests why would I choose Facebook? I’ll be honest I’d been considering it for about a month now. Everyone told me it’s the thing to do. In fact many insisted I must have a Facebook page if I plan to increase my sales.
Well I’m still on the fence and I’ll wait until all this mess clears up before I make a decision – currently I’m leaning towards not having one.
Yesterday after writing double my normal writing goal I decided to check out the series Camelot. We’ve been recording it, but haven’t sat down to watch. With the house unusually quiet I took advantage and watched the first three episodes. I really enjoyed them. I’m going to catch up on a few more today while it’s quiet again. The DH wasn’t happy because I watched them without him and now he’ll have to catch up on his own. Hey I need something to unwind after a few stressful days at work.
I’m off to write another 1k…one down one to go. That deadline is going to hit me like a brick wall I’m afraid. I have about 7k to finish the story…deadline? Three days. I’ll keep you posted.
Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. I would wait on the Facebook page. If it doesn't benefit you, why do it? I'm enjoying Camelot but Game of Thrones is great! Good luck on making the deadline. If you keep writing like you are, I'm sure you'll make it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what's up with facebook? I have an author page but I'm not sure how valuable it is. I sort of ignore the dustups. Maybe I should pay attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been debating whether to get a Facebook page. I'm not a big fan of Facebook to begin with, so I'll have to see some really good evidence proving that it's necessary before I do it. Not that anyone really cares, but hey. :)

    ReplyDelete