Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Guest Blogger - Angela Aaron



1. How did you start your writing career?

I started when I was nine years old writing happily ever after stories about my favorite television show "Here Comes the Brides." No kidding. I was so intrigued even then with wanting Candy and Jeremy to get together that I filled notebooks with scenarios of their union.

2. Tell us about your favorite character from your books.

My favorite character is Aedan from an upcoming book. He's a huge, hunky, Highlander who has waited eleven hundred years to be with the woman he loved.

3. Tell us about your current release.

My current and first release is Pleasure Island, published by Noble Romance. Pleasure Island is about a woman, who finds herself at a sex resort on a remote tropical island. She is aware the business is all about fantasies but can't help falling for the mysterious man she unexpectedly made love to in the island's club. After believing something special was happening between her and the mystery man, she discovers his attentions were nothing more than business. Or were they?

4. Tell us about your next release.

The next realease is a full length fantasy/medieval/contemporary novel about a hunky warrior that is given the gift of immortality to wait for the return of the woman he loves. Of course, all is not well when he finally meets her as she has no idea who he is. The story is about her awakening and recollection of a past long ago.

5. Has someone helped or mentored you in your writing career?

Heather Peters was someone I wrote fanfic with in the 90's and it was her prompting that encouraged me to submit my first manuscript to Noble. She has been my biggest cheerleader. I would also like to mention Bryl Tyne, my noble editor whose expertise made me look good.

6. Who is your favorite author?

Boy, that is a hard one, I love so many. Right now I'd have to say Karen Marie Moning. I love her Fever series.

7. What is the hardest part of writing your books?

The stories come easy for me. The hardest part, hands down is the editing. I'm horrible with mechanics and spelling. It is such a chore for me to clean up my manuscript. This is where I get discouraged the most and in the past this is where I would put the story down and never do anything about it.

8. What books have most influenced your life?

"Sweet Savage Love." My first taste of what a romance novel was. I would sneak it from my mom's bedside table and would read it when she wasn't home. Funny, but I've read thousands of books, and that one still stands out as a definitive moment of change in my life.

9. How do you develop your plots and your characters? Do you use any set formula?

I mostly write on the fly. I'm learning to plot, but I hate it. I like the spontaneity of just writing. Plots feel confining in a way, but then sometimes I do get a bit lost with where to go. I do usually do a character outlines for my main characters. There are pros and cons to my method. The trick is to just do what works for you.

10. Do you have any suggestions for beginning writers? If so, what are they?

I'm a beginning writer myself. I'm still learning. Learn from other writers and people with experience. Don't be afraid to follow your dreams and take a chance. For so long I was apprehensive about sending my manuscript to a publisher. I wish I had done it sooner. Don't be afraid.

Blurb:

When Cassie Douglas unknowingly arrives at a sultry tropical island resort where the sole business is to provide the perfect pleasure fantasy, Cassie finds it difficult to overcome her inhibitions and join in the fun.

Ryan MacKenna isn't about to let the feisty red-head disrupt his life or his business. He lives firmly by his set of self imposed rules which keep business and pleasure very separate. But from the first moment he meets Ms. Douglas, he is in danger of breaking every rule.

Excerpt:

The music's pounding beat immediately drew Cassie in. She loved to dance and found she loved to dance with Ryan even more. He immediately swept her up in the sensual rhythms. She couldn't help become aroused from the way he held her, ran his hands over her, pulled her tightly against his rocking hips. He made no bones about the fact he was hard for her and ground his body against hers every chance he could. She too found her own body relishing the contact with him, and after two hours of tantalizing dance play, Cassie was panting with unfulfilled desire.
"Ryan." She spoke fully exasperated and loud enough for him to hear. "I can't take anymore."
"Oh, thank God." He growled the words, grabbed her hand, and dragged her to the rear of the club where they slipped out the employee exit.
As soon as they were out the door, Ryan pinned her against the side of the building with his hard body. His mouth came down on hers, crushing her lips against his, his tongue demanding entrance. His hands roamed over every inch of her body, stroking, and squeezing, tugging down the straps of her dress until he exposed her breasts to the humid, night air. They were making love, right here, against the building, and reason fled fast in the face of the frenzied passion between them.
"Tell me you have nothing on underneath this dress." Ryan's voice was thick and ragged with desire.
"No."
"No, what?"
"Nothing . . . ."
With one hand, Ryan hurriedly grabbed bunches of Cassie's dress and lifted it above her hips, while his other hand fumbled with the zipper of his trousers.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for such a great interview. I can't wait to check out your current release and who doesn't love immortal Highlanders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleasure Island is a sexy, steamy read and I loved it! Angie is an up and coming romance author and Im looking forward to her future work. Her highlander, Aedan, is a hunky, gorgeous hero, and Im sure her readers will fall in love with him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleasure island sounds good! Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Pleasure Island sounds like one I'd be interested in too. Of course a sexy Highlander is right up there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great! Hello to a fellow new Noble Romance author :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone. Sorry I coudn't say hello sooner, but job calls. Pleasure Island is a sizzling, happily ever after that will make you sigh when its over. Just submitted the the sexy Highlander story. Keep fingers crossed. I hope you all have a great week. Angie :)

    ReplyDelete