Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday

I like to give a huge shout out to my friend Marie Rose Dufour who signed her very first contract yesterday with Secret Cravings Publishing. I’m sure this will be the first of many. She gave Linda Kage and I a big piece of credit and for that I thank her. I’m proud she’s a friend and now fellow author. Hugs honey!
You can read the tribute here: http://marierosedufour.blogspot.com/2011/05/wow-just-wow.html
In other news my heart goes out to those who have had their lives torn apart by devastating weather and to the families who lost dear ones. It’s such a tragedy.
Blogger seems to be having issues lately. On most sites if you want to leave a comment you must do so using anonymous. Very frustrating. Hopefully they’ll work the bugs out soon.
The day before I was on the phone with a friend of mine and she made me realize how toxic she is and an overall Debbie Downer. I’m not going to go into details of the conversation, but I will say that although I hadn’t spoken to her in a few months I now realize why. After speaking to her I crawled into bed and slept. When I woke up I was still miserable from the call. It took me hours to get over the way I felt. Who needs that? Life is too short. So I bid the friend farewell. I love my life and my happiness. If you’d rather spent your life dwelling on the negatives and drama you’re not welcome in mine.
Ah, that feels better. :o)
Okay time to get cracking on the WIP…oh and our pool was opened yesterday. Those who follow me know I’ll be sitting on deck soaking up the rays for the next few months. I love summer.
Happy Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. Hugs my friend. I can't thank you or gush about you enough! I was blessed when you came into my life for so many reasons. You were totally right to cut off this friend. It is hard to do but what doesn't enrich your life brings you down. There comes time in everyone's life when you have to cut away what doesn't raise you up and inspire you.

    Love the summer too! If you hear tapping at the door, it's just me wanting to share your sun and pool! ;)

    Marie Rose Dufour

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I hven't visited MRD's blog yet. WOW!!! I'm so happy for her.

    I'm feeling for the tornado victim's too. Every time I turn on the TV or the radio, there it is. I can't even tell if I'm watching the local or national news anymore because it's all about the same thing.

    Have fun at the pool!! Good luck on that WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Marie, that's wonderful news about the new contract!
    Amber you made the right choice! You've outgrown your friend and you're right not to want to "go-there" with her.
    Sadly she'll probably keep doing her thing without you... (but you won't have to hear it anymore, hooray! lol)
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Marie and I know how you feel. Posting about negativity tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Marie:)

    ((((HUGS)))) People like that should be avoided...or at least very short phone conversations.

    ReplyDelete