Monday, January 2, 2012

And so it begins! 2012

First - I'm featured over at Lila Munro's blog today, during the 11am EST hour. She's hosting a ton of fabulous authors. Drop over. You may find something you like!

http://realmanticmoments.blogspot.com/

It was the best of times…it was the worst of times.


That’s how I feel about our weekend away. It was fabulous to see family and celebrate Christmas, New Year’s and a birthday – oh and my anniversary. ;)

The DH thought we’d upgrade our stay to a different Marriott hotel. We normally stay at a residence inn. I like them because you have a kitchen and a separate room so I can get up early, write and have coffee without bothering anyone.

This room was one large room. No free internet. No microwave and the coffee was awful. Luckily there was a Dunkin Donuts across the way. Now don’t think me a snob, but no microwave? Not even in the entire hotel.

The first baby bottle I warmed in a glass of hot water. I was trying to get the chill out for her because the formula was freezing. Oh we had to keep it on the ledge in below zero because there was no mini fridge or anything. Thankfully she only stayed with us one night and then spent the night with gram.

DH went in search of a microwave to get the bottle to room temp. Nope, none to be found. The manager said they don’t provide them anywhere in the hotel, but room service is available. Huh? Am I going to order a microwave to the room? It’d likely cost $100 and I could buy one for that price. Or did he mean I could order a baby bottle through room service. I’m still shaking my head trying to figure this one out.

Okay, off my soapbox. It’s a new year and I need to reassess my promotion process and writing. I want to write longer and sell more.

I’ve decided to take on a new pen name for my paranormals and of course my sweet contemporary I’ll publish under my real name. So look for new stuff this year that varies across the board.

It’s good to be back home. Today is my last day of vacation. :o(



Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. A new name is so exciting!!!!! Enjoy the last day of your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. You're awesome. :) Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had an interesting trip and you've made some interesting plans for 2012! Can't wait to hear how your new stories progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The post was tough to find. For others who want to read it too...

    http://realmanticmoments.blogspot.com/2012/01/welcome-donna-del-oro-elaine-cantrell.html

    yay!

    ReplyDelete