Friday, October 26, 2012

TGIF


October is domestic violence awareness month. I’ve been blogging about domestic abuse all month long on my personal blog. In the beginning of October I had a dream about my ex coming back after me and telling me I wasn’t safe. The dream prompted me to start the blog. Writing it has been therapeutic. It’s also jarring memories both good and bad. Overall it’s been the best thing I’ve done in a long time. I’m not sure if a lot of people are reading it, but if I can help one woman in an abusive situation it would make me happy. I’ve detailed the good, bad and ugly. I’ll end the month telling how I planned my escape and how I finally broke free of the abuse.
On the home front things are chaos. The baby is teething and suffering from a runny nose. So needless to say she’s cranky. My day job is so stressful I feel like I’m at a breaking point. The day care situation needs to be revisited yet again.
I took October off from writing to regroup and the sad thing is I’ve done just the opposite. On the bright side I’m not working this weekend and I asked my boss if I could leave a few hours early for mental health reasons. She felt that was a great idea. :o)
Hope y’all have a great weekend. I plan to. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, we have the same blog subject today. TGIF! Cheers!

    I didn't know you had a personal blog. I am so behind on some things, but I would love to read your inspirational story.

    I always had a bad feeling I would be the type to easily fall into an abusive relationship because I'm not the type to stand up for myself and I like others to have their way. I know I was incredibly lucky to get the spouse I did. And I'm so in awe of any woman who can break free from that kind of life.

    I'm so happy your life, chaotic as it is, is better than it used to be. Lots of hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, where is your personal blog? I had a dream this month that my murderous ex came back and tried to kill me. Now I'm freaking out!
    We lived such similar stories!

    ReplyDelete