Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Welcome DC Juris


How did you start your writing career?
I've always written - from before I was in kindergarten. My career started in 2009, when I began submitting my stories to small presses. Before that, I spent a year looking for an agent, got one, then spent almost a year letting her screw me over, then fired her.
Tell us about your favorite character from your books.
I love all my guys - my favorites tend to change with my mood. Right now, it's probably Vincent from "Finding Sanctuary," just because he's so flawed.

Where do you dream of traveling to and why?
I hate to travel. Hate it. About the only time I'll consider traveling is for GayRomLit.

Tell us about your current release.
My newest release is a fantasy m/m called "Betrayed." It's pretty dark and emotional.

Tell us about your next release.
I have a sexy little m/m number called "Special Delivery" in the upcoming Ad-Dick-tion Volume 2 Anthology from Breathless Press.



Has someone been instrumental in inspiring you as a writer?
My husband and kids have been about the only "real world" support I've gotten, so they've been very instrumental.

Has someone helped or mentored you in your writing career?
In the early days, I got a lot of handholding from Aleksandr Voinov and Raev Gray, which I'm forever indebted for.

When was your first sale?
At the tail end of 2009, two of my stories got picked up - the first was "Even Guys Cry" for the "I Do, Two" anthology with MLR Press, and the second was "Always, My Prince," for the "I Kissed a Boy" anthology with Ravenous Romance.

When in the day/night do you write? How long per day?
I write whenever I can. I have a 60+ hour a week Evil Day Job, plus a disabled husband and six fur babies - I take whatever scrap of time I can.

What is the hardest part of writing your books?
Finding the time to write.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, DC, nice to meet you! Congrats on all your success. Your book covers look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda! Nice to meet you, too! Thanks very much - those are all courtesy of the talented cover artists at Breathless Press. They do amazing work!

    ReplyDelete