Monday, January 31, 2011

A New Week

The start of a new week and it holds lots of promises. We had a fun time in NY. I got to see a bunch of old friends at my cousin’s birthday party and visiting with my family is always a good time.
The girls back home are all into Zumba. I recently heard about it on the talk show – The Talk. It looks like so much fun. I love to dance. All my girlfriends and I used to go out dancing frequently when I lived in NY. So to me this is a great way to lose weight. The constant theme I heard was it didn’t feel like working out. They’re having fun and being goofy. AND they were surprised when the 30 mins was up. Now that’s my kind of exercise. I’ll be looking into that in the future.
We got home from NY early in the afternoon and by 8pm I was down with a migraine. A BIG one. So big I considered going to the ER for something really strong. Somewhere around 2:30am it eased up. Between meds and cold compresses the pressure finally subsided. I wish they could find something I’m not allergic to that would rid my migraines. For now I’ll suffer.
In other news I signed my first contract of 2011. It’s for a short I wrote for Noble Romance called Love Revisited. I showed you the cover art last week, which I received before the contract. Now I can officially say my story will be released on April 11th. I’m excited. I always love hearing about where characters are after we leave them.
Something fun: Today is National Backwards Day. There are many fun things you can do like walk backwards or wear your shirt backwards, but my ultimate favorite is eating your meal backwards. Start with dessert!
Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. I hate migraines. I usually get so sick to my stomach and I can't stand smells and light.

    Hey, congrats on the contract. Glad you had a good weekend visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the contract. Zumba is so much fun if you like to dance. It is something to think about in the future. I am glad that the migraine eased and you didn't have to go to the ER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the upcoming release. Glad you had fun in NY! Yup, migraines are a bitch. I can't take any of the preventative medication because of a heart condition so I have a very specific pain pill I use - and if it's ever banned, I'm screwed!

    ReplyDelete