Sunday, October 11, 2009

Last Day of Softball

As the coach was handing out the trophies for our team winning the 12u fall ball championship, he said, after tomorrow(today), we're going to take a much needed break. You see we've been going non-stop since Aug '08. I have a hard time believing him because he always says things like that and then we're back at practice on Monday. These girls NEED a break. My daughter not so much because she lost three months of playtime with the concussion, but the team, as a whole, is exhausted.
Today we play the final tournament for our 14u fall ball. I hope today goes smoother than yesterday. Games were two hours behind yesterday so what should have been four hours at the field, turned into six. The winds were 30mph, the temps in the low 60's. I was freezing. Today is supposed to be sunny and low 60's. I'm sure it will be better. I'm still dressing warm.
Didn't manage any writing yesterday. There's always today.

Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. Yep. Today, Amber!
    Those games and carpools take time! But there is down time there to think, away from the computer, and fix all the little details that didn't go into the first draft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had snow in MN this weekend - what the heck!

    Have fun at softball

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha...the coach told our boys the same thing...'No practice tomorrow'...guess what? They NEVER practice on Sundays:) Only one week left of regular season. Since we're 0-9, things down't look up for post-season. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow???? Oh I don't like that word! LOL

    Gotta love those coaches, huh, Molly?

    Thanks Cerise. I've been working out the details of a short I'm doing for Noble Romance for Valentine's Day. I think I have an idea of where I want to go with it.

    ReplyDelete