Friday, October 30, 2009

Mental Health Day

Yesterday I finally told my boss about the pregnancy. Nice thing about working from home is your co-workers can't notice that little baby bump and whisper behind your back. LOL Anyway, I also asked for today off. I've been working a few weeks straight, including weekends and I have a lot of running around to do. So much for that bed rest stuff. :) Shhh, don't tell my doctor.

I've ordered the food and pumpkin cheesecake for my son's dinner party. Now I just have to get him a gift. I've set aside time to work on polishing the wip to send out by Sunday. With any luck I'll have it done.

I had a four a.m. epiphany. I tend to write more in the winter. From usually November thru April or May. NaNo seems to be my jumping off point every year. So, I guess that means I'll have to start pumping out the books to carry me thru the summer. That said, I'm excited about starting NaNo. I don't sign up for the offical one, but two friends and fellow authors have been doing our own for the last three years. It works for us.

Anyone else doing their own version of NaNo?

Happy Birthday, N!

3 comments:

  1. Two years ago, I nearly killed myself (or the family came close to either killing me or having me committed, lol!) doing NaNo, so last year I took it easy, but was mad at myself afterwards. This year I plan to write daily, but split the word counts bewteen a couple of wips. Not going to turn into Evil Bitch Writer Mom again, but am definitely setting aside at least an hour or two a day. Sort of what I do now, only informing the family of my 'goal'. And then I take the month of December 'off', to bake cookies and let the creativily recharge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never done NaNo! I can't believe that. I tend to write in fits and starts. I'll go through several really productive months, then take a few off to piddle, and then get jump started again. A very manic way to do things.

    ReplyDelete