Tuesday, December 31, 2013

See You the F#ck Later 2013

I'm so ready for 2014~

This time last year I made a resolution to get my health in check for 2013. The positive is I did what it took to make my health better. I had all my routine check-ups and had a hysterectomy in March. The doctor thought it would cure some of my Anemia issues, but it didn’t.
In November I had an endoscopy and a few days later the doctor called me at 9pm to discuss some issues. I’m not sure about you, but if my doctor calls my house at 9pm he’s not calling with good news. My hubby said not to worry, it if were cancer he’d call me into the office to discuss it.
Well, okay – maybe. See the doctor is concerned there’s something going on with my ulcerative colitis. And yes, he used the word cancer. See when someone battles UC for longer than 8 years there’s a higher risk of cancer. I’ve been suffering for almost 14 years. My blood levels are off and I’m severely anemic.
This means my 2013 resolution will carry over to 2014, because I am determine to get my health in check. I refuse to allow the scare of cancer hold me back. I will beat it, if that’s the issue.
Lucky for me I’ve been working two jobs for the last few months so my mind has been distracted.
In a few weeks I’ll have my answers. In the meantime I’m eating better and getting my mind healthy. I’m ready for any battle. I’ve survived a 15 yr abusive relationship and a disease that can wear you down. I’m not going to go down without a fight!
I’m also getting back to my roots. Writing. I have to do what I love and that’s telling stories or helping others with my articles.
Do you make resolutions? Do you keep them?
Oh and I have to add – Happy 7th Anniversary to my husband. He’s my best friend and someone who shares my sick sense of humor. It’s amazing that after all the ups and downs we’ve suffered we can still make each other laugh.

Happy New Year! May 2014 be the best.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amber. So long sucky 2013. Welcome to the much better 2014. Hang in there. I suspect you don't have cancer, just some god awful ulcerative colitis. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete