Thursday, February 24, 2011

The DH Wants to Write a Book

My hubby has been talking about writing a book for the last year. I “think” he gets that it’s a lot of work. He’s seen the struggles I go through. He’s read my almost all of my work. I say almost, because he refuses to read any m/m.
And he doesn’t plan to write fiction.
I keep encouraging him to GO FOR IT.
There are many reasons I believe he should write this book. One, it will be therapy for him. Two, he has a knack for writing non-fiction. He writes clean, intelligent and thought-provoking material.
So what subject does he want to write about – LOSS. He felt cheated when we lost our son. Things that we weren’t prepared for and most other wouldn’t be. Questions that should’ve been asked. Information that should’ve been shared. He wants to write a book to help others who have gone through or will go through what we experienced.
Personally I hope he writes it. I’m not sure if it will ever see the publishing light and that doesn’t really matter. What matters is he gets to write HIS story, from HIS heart, because he needs to heal.
Hopefully someday he’ll sit down and write that book.
Happy Thursday!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Thursday. I think that he should write that book, if for nothing else but for peace within himself. It could help him and others. My husband is also trying his hand at writing. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful and therapeutic idea to me. I think he should too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it Mr. Amber:) Sounds like it would be the perfect outlet for his grief, and in a theraputic medium. Esp since a lot of men would internalize it and push it aside as 'not manly'. I say pour out your thoughts; your wife has the connections as far as editing and future publishers. And you might even be an inspiration to someone out there silently going through the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He should and it doesn't have to be long - just from the heart. I'm 100% in his corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It could mean a lot to others, too. Tell him to go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope he writes that book. It sounds like it would be very good for him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also encourage your husband to write his story. A man's perspective on the emotions of loss will resonate with readers of all kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have 4 kids. Anything I hear about the loss of a child is just heartbreaking. Maybe he does need to write it. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to survive something like that.

    ReplyDelete