Monday, February 28, 2011

Mini Goals

A few weeks ago I talked about not knowing where I want to go with my writing and if I should just give up. A friend asked me if I’d made up my mind about my writing career.
The short term answer – YES. I want to be a writer. It’s in my blood. I can’t give it up. The problem is there’s so much going on in my life right now it’s difficult to put words to paper. I’ve started three new wips and can’t seem to move along with any of them. They start off full of potential and then I abandon them. Writing erotic romance has become almost impossible. I know all the reasons for this; I just can’t fix them right now.
This week I’ve promised myself to work on Chasing Forever. I want to get this story stronger and send it off. The story is written. An editor expressed a few issues, nothing major. The sex scenes aren’t the issue…YAY for me. :o) So addressing the concerns should be easy.
I managed to work on the first chapter this morning. I actually woke up early and had some time before the daughter woke. That’s a new issue. She has a job. The hour of 6-7 used to be my quiet writing time. Not any longer. B, gets up at 6am to get ready for work. One of the kids usually gets up with her. Guess who gets to take care of them. Lol I don’t mind. I enjoy that time with them, but I’m a creature of habit.
My schedule has been changed and I’m still trying to adjust. Not only am I sleeping later, I have company when I get up. Saturday I was excited about being awake early figuring the daughter would sleep in – she didn’t have work. NOPE. She came out all bubbly wanting to talk my ear off just before 6 am. Most people know not to talk to me before I’ve finished my morning coffee. That’s just the way I am. I need silence and time to wake up. No, I didn’t kill her. I smiled and nodded at the appropriate times. I also prayed. Prayed she’d go away. LOL
The house is full of sick people so I'm trying to keep my distance. I think the DH has pneumonia. He's a stubborn male. He is on antibiotic for a sinus infection. I hope it's strong enough. He has to return for a follow up next week. I'm trying to convince him to go sooner. Wish me luck.
So my mini goals this week is to finish Chasing Forever. Maybe that will spark the desire to write again.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I could altogether quit writing either. But no one said we couldn't take breaks!! Hopes things level out again before you go insane or kill someone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think anytime a routine changes, there's always a 'transition' period until new ones get established. And I'm the same way: Don't talk to me until I've had my morning coffee!

    I used to have a sleep shirt with 'Avoid the morning rush: Sleep til noon!' on it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, am I late! Hang in there. I know what you mean about personal life getting in the way of professional life. But I guess it's all life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know youre not a quitter; we are writers, no matter what; In September I told you I was done too; but people most dear to me have encouraged me to never give up; seems we're two peas in a pod; its in our blood; happy to hear the good news....we take one day at a time...one step at a time....and we survive,dont we, my friend?

    ReplyDelete