Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Craziness Magnified

My To-Do list is growing by leaps and bounds. I’ve been away from my desk since Sunday because the floors are being done in my office. Today they’re supposed to finish up and I can put my life back together. I’m thinking of taking Friday off so I can get things done.
On top of life being chaos yesterday they had ot disconnect my internet most of the day. The first time was for an hour while the electrician installed the wiring for my radiant heat. My office is extremely cold so we put in a 3x10 piece to keep my feet toasty. The second time was to do the actual flooring. I work from home. I need internet access. They said it would be an hour so I told my boss an hour. Four hours later I had to insist they hook me back up.
The only benefit I got from being offline was I opened the recently rejected wip and added another scene to it. Today I’ll finish going over the chapter and send it off to another publisher. Gotta climb back on that horse right?
Happy Wednesday

7 comments:

  1. Now that was a silver lining to the cloud! Good luck with it. I know that it will find a home. So jealouse of your cozy feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it crazy that something that was barely used 15 years ago is so necessary today? Hope your new carpeting is going along okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't have internet for six weeks, and it drove me crazy! But the upside was I did a lot of reading and prioritizing my online time.

    And yes, I'm also jealous of your warm feet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Climb back on that warm, toasty radiant heated horse....
    Ah radiant heat,new carpet- lucky girl. lol
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading about your remodeling, I am suffering with you! We have GRANITE MEN in today! The plumber should come right after. He BETTER cuz I have no water and have not had since yesterday at noon. But I took a peak at the new counters a few minutes ago and they are YUM YUM. It is worth all this...isn't it?????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Amber - so much going on! I'm very glad you're sending off the manuscript tho!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Wednesday! I'm a little jealous of toasty feet and radiant heating. My radiant heating answers by the name of Callie and she likes to nip when I force her to stay put. *grin*

    Congrats on the added scene. Definitely keep submitting...manuscripts...

    ReplyDelete