Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day

I’m sitting here watching the news and all the spinouts on the road and accidents. It always amazes me that people think they can conquer the treacherous weather. Personally unless it’s life or death I’d wait it out.
I feel sorry for my family and friends back home. They’re getting 30 inches. The worst part of this is 7 couples who are all celebrating their 40th were all supposed to fly out for a weeklong trip to the Dominican Republic today. Umm, nope. Not happening. They were all lucky because between the jobs, hotels and airports they were able to change the trip until later this week. Good for them. They’ve been planning this trip for a year. The only bad thing is they forgot to ask me. What??? Just because I turned 40 a few years ago, I don’t qualify? LOL
If I’ve neglected visiting your blog this week I’m sorry. I’m swamped at work straight through next week. Then things will settle down. Other than that not much is going on. My writing has been limited.
So today is Groundhog Day. Everyone will be watching to see if he’ll see his shadow or not. It might be tough to dig out of six feet of snow. He’s likely to come out wearing a North Face.
Stay Warm and Dry!

3 comments:

  1. That flippin' groundhog better predict that spring is coming soon! LOL! I can't take any more of this winter weather. I'm just tired of being cold all the time. Last year, a bunch of us turned the big 40, so we planned a 40th celebration in Disney. The husband and I didn't end up going. So maybe, we should plan a "Fabulously over 40 celebration" somewhere warm! Warm, warm, warm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all hoping for an early spring. Enough is enough of this snow and winter!

    ReplyDelete