Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Waiting Begins and Continues...

I subbed to my editor yesterday and she informed me she’s swamped and it will likely be a fully eight weeks before I hear something. Understandable. Besides, what can I do, but wait. I’m also coming up on the 2 month mark of waiting to hear from Carina Press. Hey two months down, two more to go! LOL
As a writer waiting is the HARDEST part. A million thoughts go through my mind while waiting.
Will the editor think what I wrote sucks? Will she think – OMG, what kind of garbage is she trying to pass off as a story? It’s the fear I have with every single submission. I hope someday those fears go away. Something tells me that’s not going to happen.
In other news I received a fabulous review from Miz Love over at Miz Love Loves Books. The review is for Adrift…one of my favorite books. She gave it a Hot Stuff #1
If you want to check it out here is the link!





http://mizlovelovesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/02/adrift-by-amber-skyze.html?zx=598224b03213cfc9

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the review! Waiting really stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Waiting is really hard! And I am the same about submissions. I think my writing is not good enough most of the time! But hey-- great review.

    I see you are up eary too. I usually get up early as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! Yup, waiting is very hard. What is the saying - all things come to those who wait?

    ReplyDelete